Today in class we talked about Sepia toning. I found it interesting that you actually use bleach, not household though, to take off the already developed image and then go through all of the sepia steps to re-fix the image in a sepia tone. I did notice after the fact, that we are supposed to make two of these for our portfolio, and so I’m going to have to make another tomorrow since I’m not willing to use one of the images that I’ve already made for the mid-term.
I also asked about the modified Star Filter extra credit lab, and was surprised to learn that I can make these images with a simple piece of screen from one of my already broken window screens. I’m looking forward to a sunny day to take these photos.